Thursday, June 25, 2015

Is Braig in the True Organization XIII

This is going to be more of a theory than anything else, and we won't know until the new game comes out, and even then we might not know. So let's cut to the chase. Spoilers for Kingdom Hearts DDD and probably all other games involving the Organization before that, such as II and Birth By Sleep, and maybe Chain of Memories. Is Braig part of the True Organization spoken of in Dream Drop Distance? First off, who exactly is the man who Sora talks to in the World That Never Was in this game: Braig, or Xigbar? Xigbar. Or at least, that's my guess. Even if he is a Somebody again, like Axel, Zexion, Vexen, Xaldin, etc are, that doesn't mean his name is Braig once more. I know that the others reverted back to their human names (Lea, Ienzo, Even, Dilan, etc) and Axe-I mean Lea continuously took every opportunity to remind us he was not longer Axel. However, is that not a conscious choice? The X in the names of the members of Org.XIII symbolize their "unity" supposedly, their "brotherhood", but in actuality, it seems to symbolize their crossing out who they were as a Somebody, and also becoming Xehanort, which is what was originally intended to happen. Therefore, returning to their human selves caused many of them to change their names back, as they were once again who they were when they had that name. In other words, Lea became a Nobody and took on the X in his name to make Axel because he was rejecting his former self, realizing that he was no longer who he used to be. When he became human again, he was rejecting his Nobody self and chose to go by Lea once more. But what about Saix and Xigbar? Even if they are human again, are they really who they used to be? Both are fused with Xehanort, hence the creepy yellow eyes, and both are still mixed up with the Organization. Doesn't sound like Braig and Isa to me. Therefore, I propose that those two still go by their Nobody names. On top of that, I'm not even entirely sure this Xigbar is from the same time as all the completed members. Time travel is confirmed to be involved in these games and the thing that got me to start thinking "maybe this is Xiggy from the past" was a lovely secret ending in Re:Coded where Braig is talking to young Xehanort. When I first saw this scene, I figured it took place sometime around Birth By Sleep, I mean, I think everybody did. But some people were saying that it actually took place after Xigbar has been defeated and goes back to his Somebody. I'm still not so sure about that proposition, but after doing a bit of research, I'm a bit more convinced than I was before. So that means, the Xigbar we see in DDD just might be from the past, as Braig in the secret ending has short, black hair again, but his eye is still yellow. This is why I still am not so sure that this takes place when some people think it does. Isn't his hair turning silver because he's becoming more like Xehanort or is he truly just getting old? Either way, I see no reason for his hair to return to normal unless his eye does, too. Great, anything else? Yes. This is all great, but it's not what the blog post is about. What about Braig? Well, I've been planning this blog post out for half a year now, and the reason is, I was playing Dream Drop Distance. And I was going through the enemy profiles, because I like to read them for some reason. And I found this: (I don't know how to take a screenshot, so you guys are just going to have to trust me and read my description) Xigbar, Braig, and Saix. All as separate files. But no Isa, further proving that Saix (and probbaly Xigbar) goes by his Nobody name. Under Xigbar it ssays this: "One of Organization XIII's members. As Number II, he has Xehanort's trust above all others. His job this time has been to vex Sora and lead him further into the abyss of sleep." Okay, so? Well, the entry for Braig says this: "The human form of Xigbar, one of Organization XIII's members. He became a Nobody during a certain experiment." I know that when it says "one of Organization XIII's members," it's talking about Xigbar, not Braig, but this still tells me that Braig might still be part of the Org. First off, why do they have both for him and nobody (pun) else? Also, he is the only person who has been with Xehanort from the beginning. He was working with Mister Master since Birth By Sleep, which is also when he became fused with the dude. Doesn't it make sense that he might be taken out of time and brought to the future to become one of the Thirteen Darknesses? Especially when they seem so desperate for a thirteenth member, I feel like Braig is a prime choice, considering, and clearly they can have the same person from different points in time because half of the True Organization is Xehanort. For the record, Saix's enemy profile says this: "One of Organization XIII's members. He expired after an epic clash with Sora. In his human years, he was named Isa and was Lea's close friend." So they do mention him as a human, but do not add a separate entry for Isa. Anyway, obviously we won't know for sure until all the members are confirmed, but while we're on the subject, apparently Nomura said that all of the members of the 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights are characters we already know, but some we may have forgotten about. I'm glad he's not going to pull the rug out from under us with a character we couldn't have possibly guessed because we didn't know s/he existed, and I also like that it sounds as though we're not going to have a bunch of obvious choices. I do think that Vanitas will be one of the Darknesses, and maybe a Disney character or two thrown in. Either way, I'm super excited to see who all the members are and how KH3 plays out. I'm seriously surprised no one seems to have thought of Braig and Xigbar as being separate members, or at least, I haven't seen anybody posting anything about it. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment