Friday, February 19, 2016

YouTubers I watch?

     I have at least eight drafts for posts I'm working on, so trust me, I have plenty of material. But I find some of the posts (especially the ones that require a bit more research) take a bit longer, and I like to try to update as often as possible. But, I figured this was something easy that I could get out right away, and I know I'm always recommending videos that pertain to certain posts, so I figured I would make it a quick post about some of the YouTube channels I am subscribed to and watch the most of. Feel free to check these out! I highly recommend all of them. ^.^
iiSuperwomanii: I know the 'I's are capitalized, but it looks like Roman Numerals in this font, so I figured I'd jut do lower case. You can find her just by typing "Superwoman" into the YouTube search anyway. So, Lilly Singh, aside from sharing a last name with my boyfriend, is very original and funny with her content. She feels very real with her videos and has random subjects she covers, but some of my favorites, personally are the "Types of [insert anything here]", but all of her videos are very interesting to me, and like I said, it feels like it is really her, not just some mask she puts on for the camera. She is very quirky and fun and reminds me constantly to be myself, even if I'm a bit weird sometimes. Her content is usually very upbeat and happy, so if that sounds like your cup of tea, take a trip to Unicorn Island and subscribe to her channel.
Markiplier: This is one that is very close to me. I started watching Markiplier when I was, probably about twelve, and this is also around the time that I became very depressed because of some of the things that were happening in my life. He...definitely helped me through that. Markiplier plays video games, but when I first subscribed, it was mostly horror games. Now he plays a greater variety, but his horror will always be close to me. His reactions are usually pretty hilarious, and I will not even touch on the subject of whether or not I think he overplays them. Either way, he's a good channel to check out if you like Let's Players, especially of the horror variety.
JustKiddingNews/Film/Party: Mostly JKNews. They cover news story submitted by fans, reading the article, and then discussing their opinions and sometimes getting sidetracked, kind of like me watching the news. The only issue is, as hilarious as this show is, I don't feel like they always do their research. A lot of the "news" articles are from Reddit (and we all know how accurate that always is :/), but if you don't mind taking the news with a grain of salt at times, or doing the research yourself, the show is really funny, and so are their other channels, but JKNews is my favorite.
NateWantsToBattle/Nathan Sharp: I was introduced to Nate's channel because of his English covers of Japanese opening songs back in late middle school or early high school, and stayed for the Pokemon parodies. His channel has definitely evolved since then, and that is not a complaint. He now covers "real" songs such as "Merry Christmas, Kiss My A**" by All Time Low, "Ignorance" by Paramore, and "Emperor's New Clothes" by Panic! At The Disco, while still covering songs from cartoons like Adventure Time and Steven Universe, creating parodies for shows like Death Note, and continuing his English versions of anime intros. He has wonderful musical talent and his voice is mesmerizing.
Matthias: I was introduced to Matthias because of some of his collabs with Markiplier and JackSepticEye, but he is fun to watch on his own as well. It's hard to say what his channel is about, seeing as a lot of his content seems more or less random, but that just means you'll never be tired of overused video ideas. I will mention that the videos I watched with Mark in them were challenge videos, like the Disney Challenge and the Seven Second Challenge, but he also has a series called "Reading Your Comments" which I know other YouTubers have done, but I find his to my favorite.
JackSepticEye: Speaking of Jack, I watch him as well. If you have no idea who I am talking about, he is another Let's Player. For all of you who are on my blog due to my Undertale content, he has played the game on Pacifist and Genocide, just letting you know.
Game Grumps: Alright, last Let's Play channel, I swear. I do watch other Let's Play channels, but Markiplier, Game Grumps, and JackSepticEye are probably the ones I watch the most often. Jack kind of replaced YamiMash (and no, that has nothing to do with the recent situation with Yami).The Game Grumps are cool because they have multiple people playing a game, unlike most videos by Mark or Jack, so it's something different, even though other channels are the same. In fact, a lot of the people on Game Grumps each have their own channels where they play games individually as well, such as KittyKatGaming and Commander Holly. They also played Undertale and were the first ones I watched play the game.
markcrilley: One of the first YouTube channels I ever watched. This man not only helped me develop my art skills with his tutorials, but he also is one of the people who sparked my interest in anime/manga back in middle school because of his four book manga series: Miki Falls, and I must say, his art skills have come a long way since then. You may have pieced together by now that he does art related videos, mostly about manga styles, but not exclusively.
LittleKuriboh: Yu-Gi-Oh abridged, 'Nuff said.
Game Theory/GTLive: I love Game Theory. They mix science (one of my passions) with video games (another one of my passions). Mat Pat is awesome and has, on a few occasions,  teamed up with NateWantsToBattle, which automatically makes him more awesome! Anyway, his theories are a bit far fetched or contradictory at times, but he does a good job at mixing humor with logical thought and science about video games.
Alright so, I this is the last one for the night because I am tired and have things to do in the morning. So, I need to make this one special. 
Charlieissocoollike: Or alternatively referred to as Charlie McDonnell. The reason I chose his channel as the last one of this post is because he, like markcrilley, is one of the first YouTube channels I subscribed to, back in middle school. I actually haven't watched his content in a while to be honest, but he will always have a special place in my internet heart. My, at the time best friend, Ashley, introduced me to him through his old band, Chameleon Circuit, and I really hope you guys know where I am going with this. She basically sold me on the band by saying "They do Doctor Who songs". After listening to a few of the songs, I fell in love. And then she was able to get me to watch Charlie's videos by saying "He's in Chameleon Circuit". It's very easy to get me to do stuff, isn't it? Heh heh. Anyway, he also has done a lot of random things in his videos. Not to be a hipster or anything, but I highly recommend his old videos, especially some of the Challenge Charlies. He also has done a few videos about Doctor Who or Time Travel and he used to have a series called "Fun Science", which I was introduced to by his Halloween episode, "Scary Science".

     Anyway, I'm going to go to bed because I am incredibly tired. I'm going to an art museum tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get anything out, but there's another Kingdom Hearts post I've been working on for a little while now that I'd like to finally release soon, so keep an eye out for that. I'm not affiliated with any of these YouTubers in anyway, so please don't think I'm trying to advertise for them or anything. I just thought I would share my video tastes with you all, in case you knew the YouTube channels as well, or would wish to check them out,
     Good night, lovelies. Feel free to tell me about any of your favorite YouTube channels. I jsut might look into them.
EDIT: It just occurred to me that I managed to write down exactly ten channels. I did not plan that at all. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment